a. A length of line, thread, ribbon, or other thin material that is curved or doubled over making an opening.
b. The opening formed by such a doubled line.
2. Something having a shape, order, or path of motion that is circular or curved over on itself.
3. Electricity A closed circuit.
4. Computer Science A sequence of instructions that repeats either a specified number of times or until a particular condition is met.
5. A type of loop-shaped intrauterine device.
6. A flight maneuver in which an aircraft flies a circular path in a vertical plane with the lateral axis of the aircraft remaining horizontal.
7. A segment of film or magnetic tape whose ends are joined, making a strip that can be continuously replayed.
8. Sports See league1.